Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tron

Don't stone me, but for the first time in my life I watched Tron. I am ashamed it's taken me this long, but I don't have to turn in my "Geek" Card, because I've finally seen it.

And it was worth the wait.

For those of you that don't know, Tron is about Kevin Flynn (Played by The Dude Jeff Bridges) getting sent into the virtual world while trying to find evidence on Mr. Dillinger (His Nemesis), and get his rug back get the rights to the video games he created back. During his quest he gets help from Tron (Bruce Boxleitner) and Yori (Cindy Morgan).

Frankly, this movie was all about the special effects. I'm not trying to take anything away from the movie's plot, which I did find pretty original, but this movie was taking advantage of the newfangled CGI capabilities of 1982. And even now that CGI is cool, I particularly loved the computery feel of it all, it truly seemed digital, instead of looking like... Tron Guy. In addition, the light cycle sequences were pretty awesome, and makes normal cars seem boring, I now want a gold wall to follow my car so I can cut off my driving enemies.

The acting was all pretty solid, but no stand out performances from anyone. I mean, Bridges was very like able as Flynn, and Boxleitner does play the heroic Tron well, but this movie was designed to be just fun, and that's what it is... a whole lot of fun. In my opinion as an amateur critic, this movie wasn't great, but it was pretty good, and really fun.

Dr. Brooklyn says: LIKE this movie (8/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment