Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Comic Book Wednesday Part 3:The Rest

Everyone knows DC and Marvela ren't the only two companies, but like the political parties they are the two that most comic stuff comes down to. But I like me some Image (and Dynamite when the Boys are involved) So here is a review from some of them.

AND... before I go on I know Vertigo is a part of DC, but because it's not DCU I decided to put it here. I'll do that same stuff with Icon and Marvel's adult imprints... so don't comment about that.

GUARDING THE GLOBE 1 (of 6)
Words by: Robert Kirkman and Benito Cereno
Art by: Ransom Getty
Robert Kirkman has come to be known as a quality writer, that isn't something I'm going ot argue, Invincible is amazing, Asonishing Wolf-Man is superb, and do I even have to elaborate on The Walking Dead? But this book is not one of his best. It seems... a tad... clustered. Where as Invincible and TWD are very intricate and wound stories, this issue seems like it is just... generic. It seems like an average team book, not what i was expecting from the guy who is writing arguably the greatest zombie story ever told. I was let down to say the least, but I will give the rest of this a shot, hoping Kirkman works some more of his magic.

Dr. Brooklyn says: At Least Read it (6/10) 

SCALPED #40
Words by: Jason Aaron
Art by: R.M. Guera
Holy shit I love Scalped! It seems like this series started with the question What if Blly Jack was a heroin addict? and ran with it. And it ran to first place. As Dash's (the main character) life plummets to an all time low, this series is still going for a high. The characterization is gorgeous, the flashbacks to Dah's mother and father, and the parallel story of Carol carrying Dash's baby, while trying to kick heroin is touching, gritty, and quite possibly my favorite series going. I reccomend everyone with money to go buy every trade and issue available and get caught up before #41 drops, it'll be worth it.

Dr. Brooklyn says: LIKE this issue (10/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment