Thursday, October 28, 2010

Comic Book Wednesday Part 1:DC

Hello True Believers, and yes I did take last Wednesday off, but in my defense I picked up over 15 comics and by the time I had finished them... I was tied and didn't feel like going through and reviewing all of them. BUT this week you're lucky/damned, because I only have 8 titles to review, and as such I will review them. So sit tight, and get ready to see what was worthy reading for the Comic Book Wednesday Oct. 27th, 2010.

BRIGHTEST DAY: JUSTICE LEAGUE GENERATION LOST #12
Words by: Judd Winick
Art by: Fernando Dagnino

So I've been pretty smitten with this series for #1-#11, As I'm sure you've been noticing, but this issue... before I continue let me set the record straight, dear readers I don't hate back story, but I do hate back story in the middle of an intense action scene. This issue finds Ice at a heightened state of power, like we left her at the end of last issue, and this issue finds us in a showdown between Fire and Ice, with Fire trying to calm down the angered (or as the cover says berserk) Ice. But we can't just get that, we get a bunch of (imao* unneeded) back story concerning her controlling grandfather, her discovery of her powers, and how she matured and developed into who she is, and that's all fine and dandy, but I would rather have this series continue to move forward, developing the plot more. Beyond the back story we get two or three pages of Blue Beetle III, Booster, and Captain Atom... only for Magog to show up and give us a cliff hanger. Like I said the issue's not bad, but with the high quality of the previous issues I felt a tad let down, but with Magog and Captain Atom squaring off in probably the next issue, I have hope.

Dr. Brooklyn says: LIKE this issue (8/10)

So yup, that was my only DC title this week, but luckily it was good. And I do recommend it, but if you want a long multi title review stay tuned for the Marvel review it has 600% more reviews... so it's got something going for it.

*in my arrogant opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment