Thursday, October 7, 2010

Comic Book Wednesday the You should probably ge tused to these coming on thursday Edition Part 2: DC

Yeah, with all the Marvel and Miscellaneous comics I read I only had skrilla to buy 1 DC, and it was

BRIGHTEST DAY #11
Words by: Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi
Art by: Ivan Reis

I am going to assume Geoff Johns reads my blog, and that's why he has taken BD from crap to one of the best issues I read this week. The opening bit is clearly the best, setting up a massive conflict between Black Lanterns and the raised White Lanterns, all while claiming the new saviour. FINALLY PLOT!!! seeing the big splash page of the black lanterns was nice, and I am pleased to report there wasn't a single utterance of the phrase "Why were we brought back?" the entire issue. #11 knocks it out of the park and rivals some of the best BN issues. (even though most of the early BD stuff was shit).

Dr. Brooklyn says: LIKE this issue (9/10)

Yeah, I gave a Brightest Day issue a 9, maybe 'm just getting softer in my old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment