Friday, November 5, 2010

Comic Book Wednesday Part 3: The Rest

And last but not least is my "The Rest" section which consists of my second favorite series newest installment.

THE BOYS #47
Words by: Garth Ennis
Art by: Russ Braun

First off let me say that this issue has the best cover of any series for the entire year. The brilliant TDKR parody made me laugh my ass off when I saw that it was coming about a month or two ago and when I actually got it in my hands I beamed from ear to ear. Thankfully the interior is just as good. Coming off of one of the best issues of the series, The Boys couldn't help but take a slight down turn, and it is a down turn, from #46. This issue focuses mainly on two arc: Butcher talking to MM and a new woman learning how to deal with The Seven. There are a few hints as to what Homelander is planning, but still it's a mystery for all involved... except him, of course. Also of note in this issue is the scene with Black Noir and the Noir Plane, shown to be going rogue, Noir kills his instructor and just walks away, which (for some reason or another) upsets The Homelander who quickly goes to follow him, but their meeting is not seen. This arc has the makings of something great, so I say stay tuned.

Dr. Brooklyn says: LIKE this issue (9.5/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment